Friday, March 6, 2009

Let me start out by saying....

I am okay.

Shay and I decided to take a spur of the moment tour of our local ER last night. I had some heavy bleeding and completely freaked out.

They did blood work, an ultrasound, and a quick internal.

The blood work - I blacked out. Could hear everyone around me and talk to them, just felt like I was in a cave with blackness creeping in on the sides. They got me water and juice and I was fine.

The ultrasound- We saw the baby and the heart beating 136 times a minute. The doctor said that was good.

The quick internal- after waiting for the doctor for 5 hours and 25 minutes, he FINALLY decided to show up. Put some gloves on, felt that my cervix was closed and was done.

As of right now everyone and everything is fine. I have to take it easy for a few days and if the bleeding decides to rear its ugly head again, I am to call my OB immediately.

All in all the bleeding stopped less then 2 hours after it started. It was more of a cautionary thing to go to the ER. Probably cost us an arm and a leg but its better to be safe then sorry.

I will post some ultrasound pictures from my doctors appointment the day before when Shay gets them scanned into the computer.

Until then: Think good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment